Sunday, July 19, 2015

Devon doodles

Trying to capture the evening sun.
Having an invitation to a new fringe event in Devon, Tavistock Edge, I decided my assistant and I would have a holiday beforehand and found a cottage for us just on the edge of Dartmoor. I did lots of sketches throughout the week. I was especially fascinated with the cattle in the next field, as was Degas, so I drew them as she barked at them.

Here are some of the landscapes:
8th July Morning rain
A very quick sketch of Cox Tor as my assistant was impatient to explore.

Here is a selection of the animal sketches:
5th July Calves in evening showers.
More cattle.
You can see more here: Great landscapes & animals.


I'll post the Tavistock Edge sketches next Sunday.
What do you think of my sketches? I'd love it if you left me a comment below. 
*******
It's summer newsletter time.
Will you receive your copy? You can find out where you can see my work and other news.
If you haven't subscribed, you can do it here: Sue's newsletter