Friday, October 24, 2014

Brazil Part 6 Saturday

Line flow tree.
For the last workshop of the symposium, I took Norberto Durantes' workshop Line Flow/Live Spot as I really enjoyed, and learnt a lot, last year. A bonus was not only the sun was out but I got to draw with Kumi and Simone, so it was a great morning.
Line flow people.
Exercise 2 hmmm
 The last exercise was to add a pop of colour to our line work. Everyone sat and drew the church, but I turned my back and tried to capture the sandbanks. A horse & cart literally trotted into my view so I grabbed a pencil and added it (minus the man loading sand). Out of time, I was undecided about the pop of colour and added the yellow back in the UK.

Great informal photo of our workshop crit. by Kumi
 After lunch, I did Richard Alomar's activity Unfolding a sketching story, which was really inspiring and fun. I used the Laloran concertina sketchbook, but couldn't complete it in the allocated time, so did so on Sunday morning.
Rua do Comercio
1st page detail. (more on flickr)
After the activity it was time to sketch and gather for the final group photo in Matriz Square. I'm guilty of not sketching, but chatting to everyone I could and taking photos with friends. There was just time for a Caipirinha before the closing reception, which in true Brazilian style ended up with dancing.
With new Brazilian friends
With friends old and new
Closing reception, Brazilian style!
 I don't think any of us wanted the symposium to end and I joined a group for icecreams, but didn't go on for the late night drinks.
Icecream. Photo by Liz
 I was sad the symposium was over, but there was still more drawing to be done the next day... but that's for another post.