Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Not working.

I have been struggling despite the break I gave myself 2 weeks ago when I went camping. The picture below is the reason. I was asked, amongst other things to draw more boats similar to Low Tide at Plockton, so I chose a reference from several I had taken in the Muscat area and then...stopped. I don't like drawing curves! It's been tacked to the wall since I did the pencil outline. I did one line on Sunday, then have tried working on it this morning, it's got this far.

WIP © Sue Pownall 2012
In between, I have done some sketching (mainly my feet and a few people) and had a play with my acrylics. The under painting ended like this.
WIPs © Sue Pownall 2012
I'm not sure how/why, but the blue one on the left is now purple and currently looks like this (below). Obviously it will be another veil painting. The green one reminds me of summer meadows so may gain red poppies etc.

WIP © Sue Pownall 2012
Hopefully, my next post will be the completed boat picture.